Justice for Colombia is hiring a Campaigns and Engagement Officer (PT 3 or 4 days)
About the Job:
Reporting to the JFC Director, the role holder will lead on JFC’s campaigning and membership engagement work. They will work on the design of campaign strategies and have responsibility for developing engaging campaign actions aimed principally at trade union affiliates but also parliamentary contacts and JFC supporters more broadly. They will also work on the development of affiliation strategies and be responsible for designing and implementing affiliation plans for maintaining and expanding support for JFC across the trade union movement, particularly at branch and regional level.
The position is a newly created role and will be adaptable depending on the experience and skillset of the successful candidate/s.
The Campaigns and Engagement Officer will have strong interpersonal skills, be well organised and have an eye for developing engaging campaign activities.
Responsible for designing and implementing campaign initiatives in line with JFC objectives
- Work with the Director to develop JFC campaign strategy
- Lead on design and implementation of campaign plans and activities
- Promote trade union supporter engagement with JFC campaigns
- Liaise with Parliamentary Officer to deliver parliamentary focused actions
- Coordinate campaign actions with relevant contacts in Colombia
- Oversee creation of interactive social media content
Responsible for building engagement and support from trade union and broader supporter network
- Work with Director to develop JFC affiliation strategy
- Lead on design and implementation of affiliation plans to build trade union support and affiliation across different unions
- Ensure relevant campaign and affiliation plans are being implemented at trade union talks, events, and conferences
- Build and manage relationships with International Officers and other key trade union representatives
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of JFC activities at trade union and party conferences
- Promote engagement with JFC activities from broader JFC supporter network
- Experience building and maintaining strategic relationships
- Understanding of how to successfully build and engage supporter networks
- Experience designing and implementing successful campaigns, ideally on international issues
- Demonstrable experience of working independently and using own initiative
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Spanish speaking and writing skills
- Knowledge of the British and/or Irish trade union movements
- Knowledge of Colombian and/or Latin American politics
- Digital communications skills
- Experience working with membership database
- Involvement in trade unions or other social movements and political campaigns
Deadline for application is Sunday 27 November 2022.
For full details and how to apply: