Justice for Colombia is hiring an Administrative Officer (Part-Time).
About the Job:
The aim of this role will be to provide administrative support to the overall work of Justice for Colombia. The Administrative Officer will be responsible for ongoing administration of the JFC membership system and financial and administrative tasks which includes working with a database and Microsoft Office programs. They will also be responsible for a series of ad-hoc tasks which will require fluency in both English and Spanish. They will be responsible for managing their workload and prioritising work as appropriate.
The Administrative Officer will have strong computer and internet skills and be confident making arrangements and enquiries over the telephone. They will be highly organised in terms of digital and hard-copy files and in terms of managing a workload with a variety of deadlines. They will be a problem solver, with a high level of confidence in both written and spoken English and Spanish.
- Experience working with database or similar transferable experience
- A high level of competency with Microsoft Office and high general computer literacy
- Strong internet skills
- Experience managing a variety of logistical arrangements eg. Flights, hotels, meeting rooms
- Confident telephone communication skills
- Able to keep highly organised hard copy and digital files
- Able to receive information and then manage a workload with varying deadlines independently
- Confident in both Spanish and English in both written and spoken form
- Support for the aims of Justice for Colombia
- Experience using GoCardless and Paypal
- Experience using Microsoft Word mail merge
- Experience using digital communications programs/online tools
- Knowledge of Colombian/Latin American politics
- Knowledge of British and Irish trade union movements
- Involvement in social movements or trade unions
Deadline for applications is Sunday 29 September 2019.
For more information about the job and how to apply: