Justice for Colombia is hiring a Parliamentary Officer (Part-Time).
About the Role:
The Parliamentary Officer will lead Justice for Colombia’s work in the UK Parliament through the MPs of the Parliamentary Friends of Colombia Group with the aim of implementing our parliamentary work and maximising overall advocacy opportunities.
(This list is not exhaustive)
- Keep up to date and fully informed on Colombia news and JFC campaigns
- Maintain regular contact with members of the Group and recruit new members to the Group.
- Support the Group members through preparing questions, briefings and speeches for parliamentary business and events
- Attend Foreign and Commonwealth Office meetings with JFC staff as required.
- Assist in organising JFC involvement in Labour Party Conference and other political events to include securing attendance of MPs
- Arrange meetings, coordinate signatures for statements and letters for members of the Group and JFC events hosted in Parliament
- General advocacy in Parliament as required
- Experience of UK Parliamentary procedure.
- Knowledge of advocacy opportunities within the UK Parliament.
- Strong communication skills with confidence to establish new relationships.
- Strong writing skills.
- Spanish speaking/writing skills.
- Knowledge of the UK trade union movement.
- Knowledge of Colombian politics and/or human rights issues.
Deadline for applications is Sunday 29 September 2019.
For more information about the role and how to apply: