Justice for Colombia North West invites you to this special event, supported by EIS, on the campaign for peace, human rights and justice in Colombia.
“The Army Murdered Our Loved Ones”: Public Meeting with Families Fighting for Justice
WHEN: Wednesday 15 November, 5.30pm
WHERE: Committee Room 5, Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh EH99 1SP
REGISTER TO ATTEND (free admission)
Between 2002 and 2008, the Colombian army murdered 6,402 civilians to present them as guerrillas killed in combat, yet few officials have been held to account. What hopes are there for justice and peace under the progressive government of Gustavo Petro? We are joined by relatives of two victims to hear about their quest for justice and the ongoing struggle for peace and human rights in a society scarred by violence.
– Jaqueline Castillo: Sister of Jaime Castillo, killed 2008
– Rubiela Giraldo: Mother of Diego Marín, killed 2008
– Tony Caleary: International Committee: UNISON Scotland
– Hasan Dodwell: Justice for Colombia
– Chaired by Andrene Bamford: Past President, EIS
Please note this event is free to attend although you may require identification to enter the parliament.