JFC/UNISON event: Violence against Community Activists in Colombia
9 November 2021
Justice for Colombia and UNISON online event
Join us for the release of JFC and UNISON‘s new update on the violence in Colombia, where 962 community activists were killed between 2016 and 2020.
We will be joined by women community activists on the frontline of defending peace and human rights in Colombia.
- Julia Cabarcas, President, ASONAM women’s association
- Darnelly Rodríguez, Human Rights Defender, REDFIC human rights organisation
- Gimena Sánchez, ANDES Director, Washington Office on Latin America (WOLA)
- Hasan Dodwell, Director, Justice for Colombia
- Chaired by Liz Wheatley, Chair, UNISON International Committee
Read or download our new leaflet, supported by UNISON, on violence towards community activists.