Colombia’s Left Turn: What Next? (JFC fringe at TUC Congress 2022)
19 October 2022
Room 1D, Brighton Centre, TUC Congress 2022
Justice for Colombia invites all delegates, members and friends attending the Trades Union Congress 2022 to our fringe event on the historic election of Colombia’s first progressive government.
Colombia’s Left Turn: What Next?
Wednesday 19 October, 12.45pm
Room 1D, Brighton Centre
Trade unions have celebrated the election of Colombia’s first progressive government. But President Gustavo Petro faces a huge task to tackle inequality, strengthen the peace process and stop the killings of social activists and former FARC guerrillas. We’re joined by former political prisoner Huber Ballesteros of the CUT trade union federation and trade unionists who have recently visited Colombia.
- Huber Ballesteros – Former Political Prisoner and CUT Executive Committee
- Eddie Cassidy – Executive Council, Unite
- Mariela Kohon – Senior International Officer, TUC
- Clare Mellor – Chief Executive, Thompsons Solicitors
- Steve Gillan – General Secretary, POA